Thursday, March 15, 2007

I Wish I Knew

why I have been having nightmares lately.
Last night's was not as vivid as the previous one, but still just as annoying.

I dreamed that my leg was amputated.

One of my buddies analyzed my last dream, and I could probably do this one.

I am afraid that my leg is going to get cut off. Ok, not really deep analysis needed here. I do wake up with a sense of impending doom. So, when I wake up from these nightmares, it sucks because I then lay on the couch and watch TV for hours. I can assure everyone, the TV choices at 3:00 a.m. are fairly limited.

Infommercials that will make me a fortune in day trading, or other infommercials that will sell me 300 knives (and a few swords) for $350, or baseball card lots that will also make me an instant store owner, fully stocked with the best of the 80's cards that no one else wanted.

Just the other night, one sword package offered 8 swords for only $140.00. I don't know why, but I really want a broadsword. I have no idea what I will do with it. I like to imagine defending house and home with it. I do own a .357, which is much more effective. But, damn, the picture of me brandishing a broadsword, while holding highwaymen at bay, is truly one that is difficult to erase.

But, in my 8 pack of swords, how would I know which would be more effective at thwarting highwaymen? Sure, the broadsword is a fine weapon, but perhaps a cutlass or saber would be more efficient. The Bowie sword/knife is cool looking, and darned effective up close, but not really a good choice if my adversary is armed with a broadsword. I should probably bring all of my swords with me on the porch, just in case.
I might just go with the Katana, though. It looks like it may be easier to manuever from my porch and will keep the highwaymen at bay longer. This may be my best choice as long as I keep a dagger alongside, for close combat.
I really shouldn't spend so much time thinking.

0 comments: