Friday, February 09, 2007

On Commercials

I actually like most commercials. Because I have such a short attention span, they give me a welcome break, and they can be entertaining as well.
One commercial, and it is probably not a national one, is for Chase Bank.
It really annoys the crap out of me. "Roxy" gets her paycheck handed to her in her cubicle. The guy handing out the checks notes her unbridled enthusiasm and asks if it is her first one ever.

Of course it is. So far, so good.

A little theme music from Mary Tyler Moore's Show plays in the background as she races through the rest of her night. She buys a dog, buys dinner for all her friends, then pays some bills, and finally goes to the movies.

Okay, how much does this obviously lower level office worker make?

She had to spend a thousand bucks or more in a couple hours. Where do I get a job like this?

0 comments: