Saturday, April 26, 2008

Is This Any Way to Treat a Hero?

Is this how you would treat a hero?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46vYZFU1Dew

This video showed the conditions at Fort Bragg, home to the renowned 82nd Airborne.

The Mission of the 82nd , taken right from their own website is: Within 18 hours of notification, the 82nd Airborne Division strategically deploys, conducts forcible entry parachute assault and secures key objectives for follow-on military operations in support of U.S. national interests.

They have a long, storied, and proud history. They have served the United States well. And, after serving us, this is how we treat them? Have them housed in deplorable conditions, and expose them to heaven knows what diseases.

The video asks us to contact Colonel Fox at Fort Bragg, but after spending an hour, I was unable to find any phone number, e-mail, or even a mailing address for him or any of the big Kahunas in the military high command. So, I drafted a letter to the Boss, President Bush. I will e-mail it as soon as I post this blog. I don’t know if it will help, but it sure can’t hurt.

Here’s my letter:

Dear President Bush:

I have seen, through video and newspaper coverage, stories about the abysmal living conditions at Fort Bragg. Our fighting men and woman put their lives on the line for America, and while this is something for which no price could ever be determined, we do owe them, at the very least, safe, sanitary, and comfortable living conditions when they return to the United States. Our heroes deserve nothing less. I ask you to please help resolve this issue.

Respectfully,

Me

President Bush may be contacted at

The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington D.C. 20500

Or

Comments@whitehouse.gov

Or

A comment may be left at (202) 456-1111

Please do your part to right this injustice.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Kate said...

I posted the link on my blog, too. what a bunch of crap. One more reason not to trust the govt.

Babchi said...

My father, brother and husband served in the Navy. I would hate to think that had they chosen another branch this could have been their situation. Oh, that's right, when they served the armed forces were respected in every way. This breaks my heart and I weep for those who serve.