Monday, April 28, 2008

My cyber stalker

When I got this computer, I had a security program on a trial basis. I used it for a short period of time (maybe 30 days) and decided not to continue. Now, every day, like some former depraved, obsessive jilted lover, I get a popup reminding me to renew. You'd think after 8 months it would stop. It's relentless.

About once a week or so I get a note from a different service that will find all the computer problems that I have. It turns out the only two problems I have are these never ending reminders to buy the services that will prevent others like them.

I wonder if I can arrange to have the one meet the other? Sort of a cyber lonely hearts club bot dating service. Hmm.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

lol

Kate said...

we had exactly the same problem and not only would they pop up in the most annoying way, but they slowed the computer way down. The way I fixed is that I uninstalled the software. give it a try and see if that works out for you. if you have trouble, call the beast and we can walk you through it. We feel your pain.