Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Extra Wordy Wednesday

I was going to write about the Great Naughty Bits Debacle today. This was my name for the time I was hospitalized and forced to wear a diaper for a couple of months.


Ok, I wasn’t forced to wear the diaper, I just kind of liked it. It was a good look for me.


But instead, I realized I have been remiss in some of my blogging duties. I received two Arte Y Pico Awards last week, and haven’t been able to complete my mission in accepting these prestigious awards. So, this will be an Extra Wordy Wednesday.


Photobucket Photobucket


The Rules thanks to arteypico.blogspot.com:
Rules:
1) You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award, creativity, design, interesting material, and also contribuites to the blogger community, no matter of language.
2) Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.
3) Each award-winning, has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the ward itself.
4) Award-winning and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of “Arte y pico” blog , so everyone will know the origin of this award.
5) To show these rules.


This gives me an opportunity to showcase many of the great blogs I read every day.
I was awarded these by Shadow Crystal http://internettreasuretrove.blogspot.com/
and by Presidential candidate Benny Greenberg at http://ya-ttitude.com/blog


Both of these blogs are wonderful , and I’m sure you will enjoy them as much as I do.


Now, on to my picks. By the way, this will be a long award ceremony, but I’m sure you will enjoy the wonderful blogs that I have selected.


These are in no particular order, and I read each one nearly every day.


The first award will go to Chelle at the Offended Blogger.
http://www.offendedblogger.com/
I can’t explain whether she offends or gets offended. I just know I’m one of her many fans.


Next, is the Downloadable Ryan Garns.
http://www.ryangarns.com/
No blog entry ever made me laugh harder than If the Federalist Papers Had Been a Blog. http://www.ryangarns.com/archives/article_062908.php

I’ve recently started reading ChatBlanc at
http://www.witsbitch.blogspot.com/
It’s well written, and funny. Every day she shares her world with just enough snark to make me laugh.

I enjoy foreign language blogs, and one of these is Drowsey Monkey.
http://drowseymonkey.blogspot.com/
She has the most wonderful sense of self-deprecating humor. And penguins.
Yeah, I know Canuckian isn’t a different language. Humor my ignorance, eh.

Few blogs start my day like Amyoops.
http://www.amyoops.com/
She always has some funny themed pictures and a quick joke or two.

I read so many other great blogs. But, like all awards shows, my time is up. I’ll introduce you to them next time. I do read some serious blogs. Honest. And I even read some that are considered intellectual. But I need to laugh, and so many of my blogging buddies help fill that need. I thank them for this as they keep me sane.

Ok, what passes for sanity in my life, anyway.

Give these blogs a gander. I’m sure some will become favorites for you, too.



Humor-Blogs.com

18 comments:

Chat Blanc said...

Holy man-tights Batman!! I got an award! I'm really flattered! Thank you so much for being a reader and awarding me for my narcissism! :) It is most appreciated!!

AmyOops said...

Thanks so Much Old Man.. Your blog makes my day too.. Always good for a giggle or two

Da Old Man said...

@ aka Sandy: Congrats on making narcissism so darn funny.

@ Amy: Thanks. You find the most interesting pictures and jokes. Always a pick me up.

Chelle Blögger said...

Well I am so NOT offended by winning this award and I will put it up on the mantle with the others. Thanks for thinking of me!! :)

Da Old Man said...

@ Offended Blogger: I'm glad you like it. :)

Kelly Ann said...

So the common denominators are women and humor.. my kind of blogs! :D

Da Old Man said...

@ Chica: My 2 favorites. A woman with a sense of humor--woohoo!!!

MYM said...

Why thank you kind sir :) And I think you mean humour ... not humor. Just sayin'

Hey, the awards ceremony rocked, loved the ice sculpture.

crpitt said...

Great Naughty Bits Debacle, this sounds great!

well not the diaper part.

Excellent picks for the award :)

Da Old Man said...

@ Drowsey: Youse guys keep throwing those extra "U"s around. What's up with that anyway?

@ Claire: There were these male nurses named Tino and Stan, and...let's just say the diaper wasn't the weird part.

crpitt said...

So are we going to get the rest of this story?

You have intrigued me :)

Da Old Man said...

@ Claire: I'm working on it. It does have all the elements of a great story. It's funny, disgusting, and humiliating.

shyne said...

Thanks for the blog sites and recommendations....they look interesting!
I'll check them out.

Looking forward to hearing about the Great Naughty Bits Debacle, too...:-)

crpitt said...

Sounds like my kind of story :)

Da Old Man said...

My buddy Rubba is busy helping me "obtain" the photos for the story. It will be worth it.

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

I never thought my pal Drowsey spoke a forgein language...but now, come to think of it....well, that explains A LOT! :)

Howard Bannister said...

I'm subscribing to them all!

Anonymous said...

All pizza places of USA http://pizza-us.com/florida/Tampa/Broadway%20Ristorante%20&%20Pizzeria/33612/

Find your best pizza.