Thursday, July 17, 2008

Taking Care of Business

Remember the official guard dog of the blog, my friend’s Yorkie Terrier, Pepper? He’s nearly 3 pounds of fighting fury

Photobucket

But it appears my buddy Rubba accidentally fed him some radioactive Puppy Chow (could happen--Stan Lee, stop reading now) and the results were dramatic.

Photobucket

Be careful out there.

Second point of bidness; don’t forget about the awesome Doodle Week Extravaganza. Check here http://crpitt.blogspot.com/ and here http://stickfiguregrrl.blogspot.com/ for even more awesome doodles, not like the crappy ones I drew.

Next on the agenda, be sure to check out John’s Joke of Politics blog.
http://thejokeofpolitics.blogspot.com/

No political blog could ever be 100% agenda free, but he does a very good job of presenting a factual look at the upcoming election. John uses video and news clippings to give a view of the candidates.

And for the last order of bizness

I received another award. This time it is from fellow humor blogger (is she a fellow blogger if she’s, you know, a she?)

Nevertheless, the award

Photobucket

comes with rules.

1) Pick 5 blogs that you would like to award this honor to.
2) Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.
3) Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.
4) Award-winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of “Oops” blog, so everyone will know the origin of it.

So, I was awarded it from Amy at http://www.amyoops.com/

And I’d like to share it with some humor bloggers who I count on to make me laugh every day.


1. Jenn, the Thrift Shop Romantic from http://cabbages-n-kings.blogspot.com/
2. Don from It’s a Funny Thing http://humorium.blogspot.com/
3. Kathy from the Junk Drawer http://www.junkdrawerblog.com/
4. JD and Lucy from Say What http://hoeno.blogspot.com/

And in a surprise decision by the judges

5. Claire from A Little Piece of Me http://crpitt.blogspot.com/ This is a surprise because I don’t know if she considers her blog to be a humor one, but it is incredibly funny. Plus, she’s from England, so that would be considered a foreign language. Don’t believe me? Ask her the meaning of pants.


Now you need to do your part; visit them and spread the funny.

17 comments:

MYM said...

that puppy is a cutie, I'm sure you exaggerate about his fighting personality. ;)

Congrats on the award ... and those are all very fine blogs you've passed it along to.

Anonymous said...

DM - I sincerely doubt that he does exaggerate. Yorkies are fearsome little fighters and guard dogs. I'd like to know where he got the radio-active puppy chow from though. My two could do with spicing up from time to time! LOL!

I'm in a bit of a rush this morning, but I'll check out those links later!

sweetneas said...

:)
That is great!! Pepper aka Pepperzilla says thank you for
posting his pic and explaining
to everyone about his alter ego.
Hugs from Pepper's momma. :)

Unknown said...

LOL @ "ask her the meaning of pants".

Congratulations! :-)

AmyOops said...

what a cute puppy!!

Congrats for the award, and trust me I am a she...

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see what happens when Pepperzilla takes on Mothra! :)

Thanks much for the award, Joe! Claire's absolutely qualifies as a humor blog... Or a mental asylum. Not sure which, maybe both. Did you see the doodles? Ohhh, the doodles... She's a great, crazy gal. :)

Da Old Man said...

@ Drowsey: All her friends advise her to sleep with one eye open. We know the dangers of wild animals.

@ jay: They are killers.

@ Sweetneas: Pepper is like the Hulk, you don't want to see him angry.

@ Shadow: Thanks. Yeah, thise British have a different word for everything. They should learn English like I speak.

@ Amy: LOL. I knew dat.

Da Old Man said...

@ Jenn: I know it's humorous, you know it is, but does Claire? LOL

And she is a world class doodler. Gawd, that sounds so dirty.

crpitt said...

I am not funny, I am trying to document life in a serious and dignified way.

Also trying to educate the world on the proper way of talking.

So its my life you think is funny, I am shocked!

:(


Only joking, gosh I am a funny bugger :)

Thank you ever so much for the award, but I see it for what it really is.

You are not out of trouble yet young man, there will be pole vaulting :)

Da Old Man said...

@ Claire: Dignified? I call pants. Apparently, pants can be used to mean almost anything, which is convenient, and much easier to type than shenanigans.

Pole vaulting? I'm deeply concerned.

crpitt said...

Hmmmph.

Don't be too concerned its not like its Doodle Evil tomorrow....


Muhahahaahahahah

:)

Da Old Man said...

D'oh!!! I checked the calendar. Tomorrow is Evil Doodle Day.
I'm not worried, though. Pepperzilla has my back.

Kathy said...

Ah, thanks! I appreciate the award and I'm glad you were honored. I'm so glad I stumbled onto your blog. Yours is one of the best new finds in a while!

Da Old Man said...

@ Kathy: Thank you. Your blog is on my "must read daily" list.

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks Crotchety! We're going to follow suit and do an award post too...even though we may not fully understand the logistics. For instance, we tried to pick up the award and yet, we can't. The post office is at a loss as to how to do it and they had us thrown out for being belligerent. It's this whole thing, never mind that anyway. Thanks! When you see our award post, you can maybe tell us if we missed something about the idea, okay? We're doing it now.

~Lucy


PS: It's okay if it's a little bit Irish. My medicine kicked in today and I'm totally cool with them again...Plus I've felt better since letting the air out of Mrs. O'Lorcan's tires.

Da Old Man said...

@ Lucy: No worries, it's all good.

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Congrats on the award! And Claire is VERY funny...and she's evil too!
I mean that in a good way of course.