Friday, December 12, 2008

Awards and Such

The entire staff at Crotchety Old Man World Wide Headquarters and Discount House of Worship has embraced the holiday spirit thanks to the great captions this week.

Photobucket
Unwrapping the Yule log
By Tahtimbo
Photobucket
Tahtimbo picks up the Zucchini Trophy and 500 entrecard credits.
Based upon total scores, Petra was 2nd, and Matt was 3rd.

Plenty of captions received points as Jenn, Petra, Dawn, Jormen, and Lauren scored first place votes with the judges, and Dani, Mike, Reforming Geek, Shadow, and Matt tallied multiple points.


The blog has gotten a few more awards this week.
Photobucket came from http://chunksofreality.blogspot.com/

All kinds of rules, and, as usual, I don't follow them. But I do appreciate the recognition. And that brings up the second award, and Heather from http://fergiesims.blogspot.com/ was kind enough to bestow this award on the blog.

Photobucket

Again, a bunch of rules, but I don't follow them simply because.
Anyway, the reason both of these awards mean a lot to me is that they recognize more than me, they recognize you, the loyal reader and blog participant. In fact, Heather even pointed out how hysterically funny my commentors are. I don't know how I got so lucky to attract the most brilliant and funny readers on the 'net, but I'm very appreciative. So, if any one of my regulars would like an award, please help yourself as you earned it as much as I did.

And yesterday's Secret Santa was the best. I was lucky enough to have Kirsten from http://momjeansblogger.blogspot.com/ draw my name, and she would have gotten me the most fantastic present ever. Go look, and anyone who knows me understands that she got me the absolute best thing EVER.

E-V-E-R.

Lastly, a special note to Greenland.

Photobucket
Thanks Jormengrund

http://www.humorbloggers.com/

19 comments:

Kirsten said...

I'm so glad you liked your non-gift!

tahtimbo said...

Congratulations on your awards and that you for the credits and another Zucchini!

Unknown said...

That was a good caption

Chat Blanc said...

the winning caption rocks!! congrats on your awards crotchety! as always, well deserved. :D

Kelly Ann said...

Up until a couple days ago I didn't know wth a yule log was, but now that I think about it, it's perfect for a caption! hehe :)

Jormengrund said...

Grats on the awards, the near-gifts were priceless, and you're welcome for the button!

Have a great weekend Dan!

A New Yorker said...

Wow I actually got a first place from Rubba. Who'da thunk it? Cool on the butterfly award. And didn't know you shared my love of that movie. HAHA! Do you have the lamp?

eve cleveland said...

Joe,
"Discount House of Worship" hahaha, send me a brochure! Great caption, as always.
Eve

ReformingGeek said...

Congrats! Great caption. That picture just "opened up" so many good entries.

Unknown said...

It was a great pick for the win. There were a lot of good entries this time. The Donnas must have had a heckuva time with it.

Da Old Man said...

@ Kirsten: Could not have been better.

@ Tahtimbo: Congrats on your second Zucchini.

@ Etta: It certainly was

@ Chat: Thank you

@ Chica: We entertain and inform. :)

@ Thanks, again. The button is perfect.

@ Lauren: Wasn't Rubba. :)

@ Eve: I'll include a church bulletin, too.

@ Reforming: True. It had so many possiblities.

@ Jenn: This was one of the rare weeks in which the Donnas had a split vote.

Anonymous said...

What an absolutely fantastic caption! One of the best I've seen. LOL

I tried to think something up, but I failed. As it turns out, I don't think I could've come up with anything better. Bravo!

Charmaine said...

If you are a crotchety old man...how is it that I have not dated you?

2 Brits, 2 Yanks, 2 Dogs said...

You're welcome Crotchety! Truly you are the first blog I read every morning because I know you will make me smile :)

Anonymous said...

dont interpret me while I am ignoring you
I am definately getting that printed on a T shirt for my partner

Da Old Man said...

@ Dead Rooster: It was.

@ Charmaine: You do look familiar

@ Heather: Thanks. I'm glad I can bring a smile to you.

@ Robin: It is perfect. :)

Michelle said...

Hello i just found your blog from Charmaine's and i am cracking up!!! Your quite funny old man!!!

Da Old Man said...

@ Michelle: Thanks. Stop by again.

Blogger said...

There's shocking news in the sports betting industry.

It has been said that every bettor must watch this,

Watch this now or quit betting on sports...

Sports Cash System - Automated Sports Betting Software.