Tuesday, June 09, 2009

I've Been Busy

Don't forget to visit Etta as the summer tour bus should be arriving to her blog today.

You probably thought I just sat on the couch all day and watched TV, and you are absolutely correct would not be so wrong. I cruise throughout the blogosphere, and enter caption contests. I even won one of the best and got this cool award.
Photobucket
Yup, my blogger buddy Kirsten has a funny weekly picture to caption, and this week, my caption made her laugh the loudest, I guess.

The other thing that has been keeping me busy is the discovery on my cable lineup of a channel called Boomerang. It's probably been on for a while, but it's way up on the listings mixed in with a bunch of crappy channels, so who knew Magilla Gorilla

Photobucket
the Flintstones, Yogi Bear, the Banana Splits, and the Jetsons were all still on air?

I also saw a lot of shows from the 80's and 90's were on the lineup, so I was lucky enough to catch an episode of 2 Stupid Dogs.

I've been watching this since 4 a.m. with just a short break for The Price Is Right.

I have to go catch up on some Huckleberry Hound, now. I'll catch youse later.

http://www.humorbloggers.com/

16 comments:

nipsy said...

Whooo hooo love all those cartoons!!

P.S. I can't get to Etta's blog at all. I keep getting the 404 error..dang it, I'm gonna miss the bus again!

A New Yorker said...

I tried to post last night about being busy and tired...but I kept getting an error message. Long story...5 births in one week, 4 back to back. Working for very difficult, to say the least, personality. Will chat off list.

Unknown said...

Don't strain yourself, Crotchety. Too much Hanna Barberra at a time can be deadly. Pace yourself.

ReformingGeek said...

Yikes! Take it easy, there, Crotchety. You may break into song or re-design your blog in bright colors!

Chris said...

The Banana Splits?!? Fleagle, Bingo, Drooper, and Snorky?!?! I haven't seen those guys in YEARS!

I still miss the Go-Go Gophers, remember them? They were part of the Underdog lineup.

And speaking of Magilla, do they still show Sheriff "Ping Ping PING" Ricochet Rabbit?

Sandee said...

Congratulations on the win Crotchety. We all know you sat on the couch all day watching television. Don't try to pull a fast one on your readers. It just won't work.

Have a terrific day. :)

brokenteepee said...

Awwww, Magilla Gorilla. You bring back such memories for this old goat. It is a shame the publicist is now poor and cannot afford more than basic satellite. Will not comment on lying, cheating ex partners of male person.

Da Old Man said...

@ Nipsy: I fixed it. It was worth the wait.

@ Lauren: Wow. busy is good, though.

@ Jenn: Hard to believe too much H-B, but it is possible.
The Jetsons are still hilarious, BTW.

@ Reforming: It's already so glitzy.

@ Chris: I haven't seen everything yet. But the Gophers should be there along with Mr. Ricochet. I saw Quick Draw McGraw yesterday.

@ Sandee: I wouldn't do that. But I have been hard at work trying to convince the pork roll distributor to send out samples to my readers.

@ Pricilla: Check the lineup. It's connected with Cartoon Network, so you may have it.

Donnie said...

Congrats on Kirsten's award for ya. Is there no Deputy Dawg on that channel? Well, hey, hey Boo Boo. Oh my darlin'. Oh my darlin'... Sorry, I get carried away.

Kirsten said...

So glad you entered my contest!
Watch out with those 80's cartoons! Once you start you won't be able to stop

DouglasDyer said...

Much deserved congratulations DOM.

Me-Me King said...

I'm right there with ya....oh damn, Jerry just hit Tom on the tail with a hammer!!!

Congrats!!!

Lin said...

How much is the gorilla in the window???? Geesh, Magilla Gorilla--GREAT!

Da Old Man said...

@ Don: Haven't seen him yet.

@ Kirsten: I'm stuck in the 60/70s right now

@ Douglas: Thanks

@ Me-Me: Tom and Jerry are awesome.

@ Lin: Magilla cracks me up. It's kind of silly, but I still like it.

Lipstick said...

giggle....way to go, Crotchety, for taking time to include some Price is Right. Gotta have some priorities after all.

Janna said...

OMG! I love Boomerang!!

I don't have TV here at home (well, I do but it doesn't work so I never watch it), so I have to wait until my folks go on vacation. They ask me to house-sit for them, which means I get to sit around for an entire weekend in my nightgown watching cartoons.
There's Spongebob Squarepants on NICK,
and tons of other stuff on BOOM!

I may be turning forty next year, but I refuse to grow up.