Thursday, May 01, 2008

A Bob Story

I have been thinking about my buddy Bob all morning.

I wanted to share one of the stories that just describes the kind of guy he was. Back when we were around 17 or 18, a huge snow storm hit NJ. We drove around (back then gas was around 30 cents a gallon, so it was not an unusual activity --why am I starting to sound like Grandpa Simpson?) anyway, we came upon a car stuck in the snow. We pulled over and pushed the car out and got the driver back on the road. Bob decided it was fun helping out stranded motorists, so we spent the next few hours driving around and pushing people stuck in the snow. Most of them offered us money, but we never took a dime. Just randomly helping out strangers, that was the kind of guy he was. You can only imagine just how great a friend he was.

3 comments:

Babchi said...

I guess it is true...only the good die young...

Da Old Man said...

So true

renata said...

Great guy! What a loss...