Sunday, May 25, 2008

A Mind is a Terrible Thing

Sometimes my mind takes me places I'd rather not go.

I woke up in the middle of the night last night with one all consuming thought--what happened to my Motorific cars from when I was just a crotchety little kid? I never would have thrown them out, and I know I never gave them away. I also had this cool little Martian flying saucer that kind of sat on a stand and whirrled away. It kept me busy for hours. It didn't do much, but I was a pretty boring kid, so it didn't take a lot to amuse me. Where is it?

Then I started thinking about everything from my childhood. It is all gone, more or less. Where did it go?

Was there a giant garage sale that I didn't know about? Is there an orphanage somewhere with piles of my old stuff, and some little orphan kid wondering why in God's name he has an Al Kaline bat, when all the other kids have Al Pujols models? And, by the way, who the hell is Al Kaline?

These are the things that keep me up at night. I sit in the dark at 3 a.m. and ponder.

Photobucket

5 comments:

bchbear said...

It's the same thing that happens to your socks. When you put an even number of socks in the wash and you take them out ones missing.
Tah dah

G. said...

Crotchety.
LOL crotchety little kid xD. Interesting things to think about at night actually. Sometimes I wonder where all my Lego buildings went off to...:/
G.

Nicole said...

lol your funny!! sometimes i wonder where all my stuff went like my sega?? hmm guess my mean old dad threw it away =)

shyne said...

LOL...I just blame my little brother.

Karen and Gerard said...

I know what you mean. I'm still trying to remember what I did with my little books from my childhood. I had a whole set of really small ones and I know I didn't throw them out!