Friday, September 05, 2008

Zucchini Award Time

The votes are in. It was the biggest contest yet with close to 40 entries. The judges at Crotchety Old Man World Wide Headquarters and Discount House of Worship were amazed at both the quality of the entries, and the level of perversion of most of the commentors.

But this week, we had a runaway favorite. Photobucket

However, before I announce the winner, I want to point out that first place votes were earned by the Fly, The Hawg, Bradley, Rubba (he never votes for himself, BTW, even though he thinks he should win every week) Midwest Mom, and Dave. Multiple points were earned by Ettarose, Brazen, Humor Blogger, Bill, and Sensei.

And the winner is

Middle Aged Fat Woman

The city of San Francisco's unofficial holiday mascot was unveiled and given a test drive today in the city park.

Photobucket


A very close second was the Hawg, and third place, again, very close, was Bradley.

I'll be passing out entrecard credits and zucchini for all the winners.

Congratulations to everyone, and thank you for entering.


Don't forget about my humor blogging buddy, ettarose, who has suffered tremendously as she lost all her feeds. She's like the Bo Peep of the blogging world. If you could find it in your heart to sign up for her blog by clicking below, you'll bring a smile to a fine young lady's face. And here I do my best Sally Struthers: Consider it your good deed of the day. And it is completely tax deductible. (ed. note: Do not take tax advice from an internet moron like Crochety. A feed has no value other than the self esteem raising value to the blogger. So, in a way, you are saving a life. That's a lot of really good karma.)



HUMOR BLOGGERS DOT COM

They always sign up for feeds at:
http://www.humorbloggers.com

17 comments:

Chat Blanc said...

Congrats winners!!! :) excellent submissions

Da Old Man said...

@ Chat: My judges had to work extra hard on this. But one of the judges didn't understand the picture. She said, "what's so perverted about Santa and a Christmas tree?" LOL

TheFLy said...

*hiccup* it was *hiccup* probably the biggest caption contest yet *hiccup* Im getting rid of this weak ass vodka and gonna try the 151 next time. Or maybe I have *hiccup* a problem, nah, its time to bring out *hiccup* the big guns.

buzz buzz

Da Old Man said...

@ The Fly: Man, you need to do some shots of Jack Daniels. Here's my routine: A bottle of Corona, eat the lime (vitamin C is good for you) then a shot of Jack's. Repeat until funny.

TheFLy said...

haha, its time to rip a page out of da old man's book.

I thought my dwarf comment was funny but I think I had my beer goggles of funny on. Took her home, had an ok night with it, woke up in the morning and realized I couldnt brag about this conquest, haha.

Da Old Man said...

@ The Fly: I've had a lot of experience. Can't become an alcoh~~I mean a ranonteur~~ overnight.

HumorSmith said...

Very good submissions! I suppose we'll have to "squash" the complainers though...y'know, those San Fransissies. How 'bout a nice shot of Coit Tower? I understand it's quite an erection.

A New Yorker said...

Congrats to the fat lady...cause now it's over! I NEVER win, I don't know why I bother. :-p

shyne said...

Congratulations to the winners!

I had to laugh. I was confused by the picture, too. I thought Santa was holding a DQ ice cream cone.

Da Old Man said...

@ Humorsmith: True dat: Great submissions.

@ Lauren: it's not the victory that matters, it's the thrill of competition.

@ Shyne: Oy vay.

Bill said...

Congratulations all - great entries. I'm so excited to have points!! (What do I do with them?)

Da Old Man said...

@ bill: You save them up until they eventually expire. It's a pretty simple system. :)

Gianetta said...

Thank you...I'm spending the holidays in San Francisco...I'm hope they're not mad at me and make me ride the bad Santa.

Kirsten said...

Congratulations to the winners! This was a tough one. I couldn't think of a single thing!

shyne said...

LOL....I guess I need to get more!

shyne said...

....get OUT more..... OY!

This Brazen Teacher said...

I want a Zucchini Award so badly...