Saturday, March 29, 2008

Man vs Wild

Yeah, I know that is the name of some cable TV program which I've never seen. The premise just seems a little too contrived even for me. And that's saying a lot. I watched a TV show about Cavemen in our midst. I can even sing the theme song from "My Mother, the Car," generally considered to be the worst show of all-time. But I digress. This quote really made me think today:

I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less
time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness
and respecting her seniority.

E. B. White

I'm just feeling all warm and fuzzy lately, with a desire to commune with nature. I don't know if it's a result of spring or just advanced cabin fever. I have this overwhelming desire to frolic in the woods. This is kind of strange since I haven't frolicked since 1974, I believe it was early June of that year.

Nevertheless, The Old Man is feeling pretty good. Life's sweet nectar flows into every pore of his being. I'd start quoting poetry, but the only line I know is from Jabberwocky:
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
He chortled in his joy.

For some reason, that just seems to fit today. Photobucket

0 comments: