Thursday, March 08, 2007

Life Sucks and then You Die

I just got some less than thrilling news today. My battle against my foot is not going so well. The part that was amputated is healing faster than expected. The doctor was pleasantly surprised. He even smiled. Then he looked at the part of my foot that has been hurting like hell all week. He definately had that "oh shit" look on his face now. A new wound has opened up and it is pretty serious. It is in a part of my foot that has been pretty trouble free until now. I am on antibiotics, so we are hoping it was caught in time. The doctor is reasonably sure it is ok, but he took cultures just in case.
I am running out of chances. If this thing is infected, I can be pretty sure that I am losing a leg.
My sugar has been really good, and my temperature is normal, so I am pretty optimistic.

But I still worry about it. A lot.

If I have to face another surgery, I don't know if I can handle it, emotionally or physically.

My life has been nothing but setbacks for the last few years. I take one step forward, and get knocked on my ass two steps backwards.

Just when I think I can see daylight, I get poked in the eyes ala the 3 Stooges.

I am really bummed out tonight.

0 comments: