Sunday, July 20, 2008

Thank You, Come Again

I've been having some computer issues. Nothing serious, just something weird. I haven't been able to get into some websites.

And worse, my favorite sites are looking different.

The themes used to be a bit more "adult."

Photobucket


Anyway, I called AOL tech support and Apu "Dave" checked it out for me. After spending nearly an hour on the phone, "Dave" told me the problem was with the sites. I explained it had been going on for a few days, so I doubted it was the sites. Finally, it was determined that he had no idea, so I should call Cablevision tomorrow. As one of the last few people on earth still paying for AOL, you'd think they would want to keep me happy. No such luck.

I did get an award from one of the sites I can't access. I'm sure the site is fine, and you should be able to enjoy it, though. Heidi from http://healthnutwannabeemom.blogspot.com/

was kind enough to bestow on me the

Photobucket

Fortunately, it didn't come with a lot of rules, so I wanted to pass it along to a blog I really enjoy.

http://www.thisbrazenteacher.blogspot.com/

This is a relatively new blog, but it is very well written, and thought provoking.

And lastly (why do I have this 3 fetish) because I give and give, I have a great idea for my regular readers.

Photobucket

You'll note the picture of 50,000,000 Zimbabwe dollars. This bill currently is worth about 2 bucks American.

However, I can guarantee strippers, cocktail waitresses, and, for the ladies who read here, male exotic dancers, have no idea of that fact.

So, who do you think will get all the extras on your night out? The one passing out George Washingtons, or Zimbabwe millions?

I thought so.

You are welcome.

Photobucket

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

So in the unedited version of that photo, what was the girl holding?

A thermometer?

A catcher's mitt?

Car keys?

The mind boggles...

Anonymous said...

I know, I know..... A big , huge, 10 inch in diameter, "toy"

Da Old Man said...

@ Ryan: I'm not sure. I'll have to check with Apu. I mean "Dave."

@ Dani: I've been reading about Evil Willie at some other blogs, so that would be my guess.

Unknown said...

Isn't that just like our Joe? Thinking of ALL of us. (Sniff.) I'm a little choked up. :)

Da Old Man said...

@ Jenn: I'm the Mother Teresa of bloggers. Thank you for noticing.

This Brazen Teacher said...

I have taken cues from you blog as I construct my own. Thank you for the honors :-)
Cheers,

Brazen

Rubba said...

JFTR. . . I did NOT photoshop that pic. . lol

However, I think I did see that movie once. . . :-0

Chat Blanc said...

Wow! I could buy a ton of exotic male dancers with that money! No more male midget strippers for me!

Da Old Man said...

@ Brazen Teacher: thanks.

@ Rubba: Your work is muck less schlockey.

@ Sandy: Exactly. Tell them you are the Trump daughter the family doesn't talk about, not like that bitch Ivanka. And then start passing around those Zimbabwe millions.

Kirsten said...

It turns out I'm related to Zimbabwe's royal family! I'm waiting for my Zimbabwe millions to arrive in the mail. I just have to send them $20,000 for some "transcation fee". Sounds on the up and up!

Da Old Man said...

@ Her Royal Highness Momjeans: So, you are already a Zimbabwean billionaire?

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the award!

Da Old Man said...

@ Lots to learn: Thanks

Kirsten said...

@Da old man:First of all, thank you for addressing me properly. Secondly, yes, I am already a Zimbabwean billionaire. Just waiting for them to wire me the money. I'm sure it will be here any day!
It's really funny, because I don't look like I come from a Zimbabwean heritage. Go figure! ; )

Da Old Man said...

@ HRHMomjeans: Just don't forget your distant cousin Crotchety when all that cash rolls in. And could you make me a duke or something? Thanks.

MYM said...

I like your smiley faces, very happy fellas.

So, where are all these adult sites? Sounds interesting. I feel like I've missed something.

Da Old Man said...

@ Drowsey: Humina, humina, humina. I promise to publish one tonight in your honor, you pervy Canadian.

Kirsten said...

Of course we will remember our favorite blogger, Da Old Man, even though you ARE a commoner. We will prob make you Baron Von Crotchety or something.

Da Old Man said...

@ HRH Momjean: Perfect, thanks.