Thursday, July 03, 2008

Awards--Now 100% Richard Simmons Free

Yesterday, I was awarded the prestigious arte y pico award by Jenn of Cabbages and Kings and the blog Thrift Shop Romantic http://cabbages-n-kings.blogspot.com
Photobucket
I would like to thank her for her generosity in sharing this award, and just so you know, this does come with a history and some rules. Clearly, this is nothing like the Trophy that accompanied the 1979 Men’s Sunday Church League Underhand 10 Foot Arc Championship Team. (Go First Church of the Good Death and Discount House of Worship Blue Devils!) By the way, we were 17-2. I pitched and won 16 of those games, and lead the team in beer consumed batting. Oh yeah, I used to be an athlete.

Back to the trophy. It was originally hand crafted by Gregorian monks in the 15th century, and has been passed down to the descendants of …no wait, that was from a movie…It was made by the monks, and it was stolen by marauders who put it in a cave defended by a killer rabbit. So, the monks used the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch
Photobucket

… wait, I think that was another movie.

I’ll just post the rules from the website http://arteypico.blogspot.com/ :

Rules:
1) You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award, creativity, design, interesting material, and also contributes to the blogger community, no matter of language.
2) Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.
3) Each award-winning, has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.
4) Award-winning and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of “Arte y pico”blog , so everyone will know the origin of this award.
5) To show these rules.
Simple enough. So, now I have the awesome responsibility of passing along this award. I read and enjoy around 50 blogs a day, so I recognize quality in blogging. Unfortunately, I suck at decision making. I’ll simply pick 5 of the blogs that are on my can’t miss, read every single day list.

First, I’m going to pick the Soccer Mom Files. http://momjeansblogger.blogspot.com/
I know that’s not what the link says, but everyone knows I struggle with technology, and I don’t quite have the ability to do the links right, but at least these are clickable, so keep yer pants on.
I picked this relatively new blog because it is well written and very funny. And she has little cyber fish named Paul, John, George, and Ringo who I feed every day by clicking.

Next, I’m going to pick Shadow Crystal’s blog. I’m keeping with my theme of choosing blogs with names different than the link.
http://internettreasuretrove.blogspot.com/
You’re just going to have to deal with that. Shadow is a college student who finds some of the best video’s and delivers some truly inspired rants in the Crotchety tradition. And she speaks Canadian, so I’m keeping with the spirit of the award by giving it to someone who speaks another language. I’m also building bridges between the USA and Canada. I feel really badly about giving Canada noogies the other day on Canada Day, so I‘m hoping to make up for that.

Third, to Mom’s Crazy Life. Anyone who has 6 kids and works as a nurse, and finds the time to blog about important things like the death of her toilet deserves something. http://www.momscrazylife.com/. Her blog is a good read. She may not be June Cleaver, but she rocks.

Fourth award goes to Gumby the Cat. The author is a science fan, and that by itself should be enough. But wait, there’s more: His blog is well-written and researched. I know, it’s not as impressive as near naked pictures of Richard Simmons, but it’s still pretty awesome.
http://gumbythecat.blogspot.com/

The final choice is the toughest. I wish I had 10 more awards to give out, because I read that many really interesting blogs.
But, rulz is rulz.

My final choice is for the award is How is Bradley.
http://www.howisbradley.com/
This blog is written with a degree of honesty that is rarely seen when dealing with a subject as important as mental health. He takes everyone on his journey and manages to maintain a sense of humor in what can only be a very stressful time. He also is an artist, and turns out cartoons that sum up our health system in a manner that make one laugh and cry at the same time.
Let’s have a big round of applause for all the winners. Don’t forget to tip your waitresses, and drive home safely.


Humor-Blogs.com

13 comments:

MYM said...

Woohoo...congrats :)

Da Old Man said...

Thank you. You really are nice. :)

Anonymous said...

Awww, thank you very much Joe, oops I mean crotchety. It's an honor.

GumbyTheCat said...

Why thank you da old man! I rarely smile this early in the morning, but I made an exception today. I'm new to this whole blogging thing, so I am really flattered you would include my site amongst the well-written and entertaining blogs you have also nominated.

A nice way to start my day, thanks.

Unknown said...

Awww, thanks!
And... I think you should stop by Ya-tittude and read his latest post, if you haven't already. :-P

Unknown said...

Yay, Crotchety! I'm glad you're happy with the award, but most of all, I am happy to see the complete absence of Richard Simmons today. Woo-hoo! Just say "No" to overly-enthusiastic exercise instructors with ginger afros. :)

Chat Blanc said...

Congrats your worthiness!! It is a pleasure to learn from a master and award winner. :-)

I hope Richard Simmons stops by to pay homage.

Well done!

Anonymous said...

Great Job~~~
Stay Slim~~~

Love Always
RS

Kirsten said...

Thanks Old Man!! You really made my day. I am going to show off all week to anyone who will listen!

Also, I love the Holy Hand Grenade! That should be a new award. The Holy Grail is one of my favorite movies along with The Life of Brian.

Thanks again. You're awesome!

Unknown said...

Congratulations, you deserve it.
I'll be around later to give you a congratulatory reach around
Woo hoo

:)

Da Old Man said...

@ Dani: You're quite welcome.

@ Gumby: I learn from your site every day. Thank you.

@ Shadow: I'll stop by in a few. I'm down the Shore, blogging from my balcony overlooking the bay. Pictures appearing soon.

@ Jenn: Might turn it into an RS free weekend.

@ Chat: Thanks. :)

@ Richard Simmons: I hope you are wearing pants.

@ Momjeans: Keep up the good work :)

@ Bchbear: Woohoo!

Anonymous said...

Way to go my friend. Sorry for being so far behind. I even stumbled your award.

Congrats

Chus said...

This is what I think: Richard Simmons