Monday, February 19, 2007

I love Commercials, Too

I've mentioned in the past that I do like commercials. Part of it may be due to my short attention span. But I like to think part of it also is because I can appreciate the creativity that goes into a 30 or 60 second spot, an entertainment vignette, if you will.
I saw a commercial this morning that had what may be the funniest tagline ever. It was for a home pregnancy test, and the tag was, and I am paraphasing, "The most advanced equipment that you can pee on." I may have to see this commercial again to get the tag exact, but they definately mentioned "pee on." That is pretty darn funny to me.
I also really enjoy the Geico commercials with the cavemen. The Gecko is a good spokesman, but the cavemen really crack me up. I wonder if any other company ever used such a diverse advertising campaign running concurrently? Usually, one ends and another begins, but not with Geico. I can see cavemen, and in the next commercial, a gecko. The newest caveman commercial has them at a party. They discuss why one has gone to Geico and therefore shows no loyalty to his fellow cavemen. Pretty funny. I also like that the cavemen are, for lack of a better term, metrosexuals.
My favorite commercial right now, though, may be the WaMu bank ones. The series uses a "Bankers Pen," a think tank as it were of bankers. They travel, well, in a pen as a group. They may all be in the hospital, or at a pool, or wherever. They are all in the pen, though. The latest has them on top of a building threatening mass suicide unless WaMu eliminates their free checking. A funny concept, and the little commercials are well written.
I'll may be back later.

I have a lot of TV to watch today.

0 comments: