Thursday, August 24, 2006

King of Cars

I spend approximately 90% of my waking hours watching TV.

I'm watching it now. I have it on as I fall asleep at night, and flip it on first thing in the morning.

Do you know what's on the i network at 3:00 a.m.?

I do.

You probably didn't even know that there is an i network.

Due to my tremendous expertise as a TV watcher, I am doing a major public service. In addition to my political rantings and offering insights into Yankees baseball, I will provide reviews on TV shows. I especially like the shows that almost no one knows are on. The cable channels. Not the good channels like Comedy Central and Food Network, but the ones like A&E, Bravo, and W, and Crt.

My first review is for the King of Cars.

This show is on A&E on various days and nights. I usually watch it on Tuesday nights at 10:00 p.m. EST. That's the double episode night. Twice the cars. Twice the fun.
The show is a little hard to understand. It is even harder to understand why I like it.
The show starts with a kickass theme song. Kind of like a Rap style, with some really good old style MTV video. Think Sharp Dressed Man video combined with Buster Rhymes lyrics.

"They dooz it large" is one of the themes of the show. It takes place at a Dodge dealership in Vegas. This is the largest Dodge dealer in the world. The dealership owner is Chopper or Chop. A stout gentleman who "chops" car prices to make the deal. The dealership uses various promotions to bring in the customers, but the highlight is an infommercial they broadcast on local TV. Many of the salesmen play characters in the infommercial such as the "Blue Genie," or Bob the Builder. But this has little to do with the show. The show is about the daily lives of a car dealership, I think. It's really hard to tell what the hell it's about. One episode may be helping get the "Blue Genie" a girlfriend. The next may be about laying off some salesguys because business is slow. They have dunk tanks, gongs, and who knows what else. It is definately entertaining, but I'll be damned if I know why. It must just be because Chop is a dynamic guy. He doesn't get a lot of air time, but when he is on, I can't wait to see what he will do next. He is one very creative dude. On a scale of 1-10, I give it a solid 8.

By the way, the Knife Collectors Show is on i at 3:00 a.m.

0 comments: