Sunday, August 13, 2006

Ok, Cablevision-I got the message

I have been a Cablevision customer for many years. It's not like I have a lot of choices-it's either cable or a dish. Cable has to advertise to keep up their advantage. Ok. It sucks that they advertise on cable channels (which means I already have cable) because I am paying for the channel already, and I don't need to be reminded that I'm paying for them to advertise to me.
What really bugs me is that cable commercials are possibly the dumbest commercials ever made.
Years ago, they had a Dennis Miller wannabe yelling at his mother. And he yelled at some garden gnomes. The executives at Cablevision called them "edgy."

I know because I was there.

I called them f'ing moronic, which partially explains why I no longer work at Cablevision.

The current one features some old guy sitting in his yard. He laughs as he tells about his neighbor who spent 50 grand to fix up house and then put on a satellite dish. His comment is "It looks like a space station!"

A 12" dish makes a rather large suburban house look like a space station?

What planet has the copy writer been living on? Has the writer ever seen a dish, or for that matter a space station?

I realize he's attempting to use hyperbole, but it's past that and just become really incredibly stupid.

I wonder if anyone has made a decision to try or to keep cable based upon these idiotic commercials? If so, I would love to know who these people are.

I have a load of useless crap I'd like to sell to them.

You want to keep me happy as a customer? How about lowering your rates, or at least offer me something besides 112 infomercials on off hours and weekends.

"Little Giant" isn't a friggin' show, dammit.

0 comments: