Saturday, April 12, 2008

I'd like to give a shout out to Jesus

I was watching The Price Is Right the other day, and I was amazed by what I saw. First of all, the show is much better without Bob Barker. I started to find him rather smarmy-- an old man surrounded by “Barker’s Beauties.” I only watched the show when I’m in the hospital as channels are limited. But I have started viewing it since Drew Carey became the new host. Drew is one of my all-time favorite comics, a very funny guy, although he does tone it down a lot on the show. Still, it cracks me up when he gets the occasional hot chick contestant. It’s subtle, but he definitely acts differently. He also does get in some really good one liners during the show.
But I digress from what had been the main focus of today’s writing. Drew always asks the contestant spinning the big wheel to try to get into the showcase at the end of the game the same question: “Is there anyone you’d like to say hello to?” At least twice this last week, a contestant said, “I’d like to give a shout out to my Mom, and to Jesus.”

This really starts a stream of questions in my mind.

Will Jesus then help the guy on the wheel?

Does Jesus think, “Hey, that guy just gave Me a shout out. Cool”

And probably the last question, and the one that resonates most loudly in my demented brain, what would the show do if the contestant said, “I would like to give a shout out to the hoary Lord of the Underworld, Beelzebub. Satan Rocks!!!”

And lastly, everyone always thanks Jesus or God when they do well. Did anyone ever complain that they lost because God liked the other contestant better? I would.

Photobucket

0 comments: